Are you looking for something to eat that's "fast"?
Would you like to eat something that's not only fast but healthy?
Smoothies -- everyone seems to be drinking them -- why are they so popular?
Smoothies can be one of the best "fast foods" your body can enjoy.
Here are a few smoothie benefits:
1. By choosing the right ingredients, a smoothie can be a great way to cleanse and detoxify your body.
2. Smoothies give you a real energy boost, not a fake caffeine kick.
3. They are quick and easy to prepare and are very mobile -- you can take them with you in the car and drink them on your way to work or while you run errands.
4. Fruit is packed with goodness, but it can be a real chore to eat as much of it as we should. So by drinking our fruit in a smoothie, we can consume plenty, and do it quickly.
5. Kids really like them. It is a great way to give your kids nutritious fruits and vegetables that taste really good. Your kids probably won't even realize how nutritious they are - they will suck those smoothies down so fast.
Maui Wowi smoothies are fast and delicious. They're 100% natural with no added colors, flavors, or preservatives. If you're in DC, MD or VA and are looking for a healthy - and fun - snack alternative for your next catering event, contact us.
Now you know some of the reasons why smoothies are good for your health, it's time to get started preparing your own.
Many people find that freezing their fruit before using it in a smoothie is a great way to get a thicker, cooler smoothie than you get by adding ice. If the fruit you plan to use is large, like watermelon, it may be best to chop it into smaller pieces before putting it in the freezer. Freeze the fruit on a plate or piece of aluminum foil, so the pieces don't stick together, and then transfer them to a clean container in the freezer for later use.
Remember, too, that you can put vegetables in your smoothie mix as well, there's no law that says it can only be made from fruit! Yes, you can make smoothies with vegetable ingredients that taste surprisingly good.
In the end, making the perfect, healthy smoothie is all up to you. It is easier than you think!