Do you love iced lattes?
Would you like to know how to make your own iced latte at home?
Below we'll show you the steps to make a refreshing and delicious iced latte at home.
What is an iced latte? An iced latte is a delicious and refreshing iced espresso drink. To make a great tasting drink, you will need a basic home espresso machine, some milk, and sugar or simple syrup. You can also add flavored syrups to create your perfect iced coffee drink.
STEP 1: Fill a tall glass 3/4 full of ice.
STEP 2: Pour milk in glass until it reaches the top of the ice.
STEP 3: Add 2 to 3 pumps of simple syrup, or a couple teaspoons of regular sugar.
STEP 4: Extract 2 shots of espresso.
STEP 5: Pour the espresso shots into the glass.
STEP 6: Stir.
STEP 7: Enjoy!
Want iced lattes at your next party or event? Have Maui Wowi DC provide a coffee/espresso bar. Hot, cold, iced, frozen "foo foo" drinks - cappuccinos, lattes, macchiatos, frappes......we provide everything.....you just sip away to paradise!
Additional tips for a great iced latte:
- Make sure you don't pour the espresso directly onto the ice (add milk first). If you don't, the espresso will become bitter.
- If you don't have syrup at home you can make it yourself by using granulated cane sugar and mixing it with a boiling water until you have a nice syrup.
- Using a milk with a higher fat percentage, for instance 3,5%, will give you a richer taste experience
- Take care not to make the espresso too strong; even with a lot of milk, a strong espresso can taste a bit bitter for an iced latte.
- Bitter espresso comes from over-extracted beans. If you like your espresso bitter, try using a coarser grind.
- Contact Maui Wowi DC to provide a coffee/espresso bar at your next party or event! Our professional baristas will create the perfect beverage for everyone!