It was a bit chilly.....especially for this early in the year, but that didn't keep everyone away from the annual Down Syndrome Association of Northern Virginia's (DSANV) Annual Buddy Walk held at George Mason University.
Maui Wowi DC was there spreading the warmth of Aloha with lots of Hawaiian coffees and hot chocolate.
DSANV has become a trusted resource for individuals, families, friends, educators, employers, legislators, and the medical community. Our organization engages a strong board of directors and a broad base of volunteer and financial support in achieving our mission to ensure that all individuals with Down syndrome and their families receive the support necessary to participate in, contribute to and achieve fulfillment of life in their community. DSANV has a history of success in:
- Helping families adjust to the birth of a child with Down syndrome;
- Providing individuals with Down syndrome and their families with educational, financial, medical, legal and social support and resources;
- Providing social and educational events for individuals with Down syndrome and their families to meet, interact and learn;
- Increasing community awareness of the capabilities and contributions of individuals with Down syndrome;
- Providing financial support to families in need with camp scholarships, conference scholarships and donations of durable medical equipment;
- Partnering with local, national, and international organizations that provide services to individuals with Down syndrome.
Mahalo to everyone for coming out for this wonderful event. We'll see you again next year!