Aloha, party people--hele mei hoohiwahiwa!
Time to break out the grass skirt, put on the coconut bra, and hula on up to the Maui Wowi tiki bar - because it's luau season!
Here's a helpful list of must-haves for your next luau party. Everything from invitations to decorations to food and drink. Have fun!
Luau Party Must-Haves
- Leis: fake is fun, or splurge on the real things.
- Pineapples & coconuts: double as food & decor!
- Macadamia nuts: eat 'em or bake into cookies.
- Tiki torches: best after sundown.
- Grass skirts: for guests or tables or both!
- Hawaii Five-O The Ventures
- The Hukilau Song Don Ho
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow Facing Future
- Can't Help Falling in Love With You Elvis Presley
- Surfin' Luau Annette Funicello
- Luau Lei The Surfers
- Blue Hawaii Elvis Presley
- Aloha Hula Hits Unlimited
- To You, Sweetheart, Aloha The Waikikis
- Beach in Hawaii Ziggy Marley
How to Talk Like a Local
Hoapili: close friend
lama pa'ipa'i: cocktail
Mai e `ai: come and eat
And some of these phrases may come in handy:
- Hele mei hoohiwahiwa: Come celebrate.
- `O wai kou inoa?: What is your name?
- Aloha Au Ia 'Oe: I love you.
- A hui hou kakou: Until we meet again.
- Pomaika`i: Good luck.
- Mahalo: Thank you.
Whether you need to just rent a tiki bar, or if you want our professional tikitenders to do the bartending for you, contact us
to reserve The Ultimate Hawaiian Getaway Without a 12-Hour Flight.
If you enjoyed this post.....
- and you are a coffee lover
- and want to know how to make exotic fun coffee drinks
- and you're old enough to drink alcohol